the topher pit

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Round and Round She Goes…

So Go-karting was super cool. we went to Formula Kartways in brampton for some indoor go-karting action on sunday. There were 11 of us in total. I must say that Andy has an edge here. Since he only weighs 98 lbs soaking wet, fully clothed, he kicked my ass by like a second per lap... it was disgusting. I think he needs to get a weight penalty for next race.. make it even.

[That's me in the Yellow Kart]

Anyway, so combine 11 VW enthusiasts, and indoor go-kart track, some caffeen, the fact that it's the end of Feb. and everyones 'summer' cars are in storage – you'd get some pretty competitive driving. And we did, there was bumpin', grinding, smashin' and crashin' the entire time. I'll have to get some practice before our next session...

The track is literally a smooth concrete warehouse floor, with tire barriers and all for some protection. Combine that with a racing go-kart and slick tires, you get some pretty cool drifts. For those out of the know, a drift is where you slide the car sideways through a corner (hang the ass-end out). It's quite fun and, with practice, can be really cool! The second round of laps we did, I didn't touch the brake the whole time!

So here's yours truly (Yellow Kart) folllowing one of our VW guys. I caught up to him by the next lap, but we ended just before I could pass him...

I think Andy and I are going to take Dad here for his birthday. I'm worried that the fumes may give him a headache though. Andy said he had a small one after we left, but I didn't feel anything.

Till next time....

.:topher:.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home